Whether you want to enjoy a relaxing morning breakfast or afternoon tea on your porch, we have just the right outdoor concrete console table for you. This beautiful and durable table is made of thick and sturdy concrete that can withstand any weather conditions.
It has a bistro style design with two shelves underneath which provide extra storage space. The top shelf is perfect for displaying plants or other decor items while the bottom shelf will be ideal for storing things such as pots, pans, and dishes.
What is a concrete console table?
A concrete console table is also known as a strong, durable and stylish. It is designed to serve its purpose for years to come. This furniture piece can be used in any room of your home since it isn’t just limited to the living room, entryway or hallway. The best part about owning this unique looking table is that you can place candles on top of it without worrying about ruining the surface.
Why would I want to make a concrete console table?
Why not? It’s simple to make, with basic tools and skills; it’s easy on your pocketbook; no special expertise is required; if you’re careful you can easily avoid the most common mistakes beginners usually make, which is to leave too much space between boards for the concrete top layer to show through.
The final result is beautiful! And don’t forget that it will almost certainly be one of a kind without equal anywhere else in the world! Even more reason why you should give this project a go.
How do you make an outdoor concrete console table?
You will need:
-Paint roller and tray
-Old towel or cloth
1. Prepare the concrete mix according to the instructions on the package. You will need about 2 wheelbarrows full of concrete for this project. Be sure to wear a dust mask while mixing and handling the concrete.
2. Pour the concrete into a garbage bag. Cut off one of the corners of the bag and use it as a scoop to pour the concrete into the form.
3. Use a trowel to spread the concrete evenly in the form, filling it to within 1/2 inch of the top.
4. Dimple the concrete with the trowel to give it a decorative texture.
5. Smooth out any rough edges or “drips”. You can leave your console table as is, or you can use spray paint or regular paint to color it in any way that you like.
6. To make sure your console table doesn’t absorb water, cover it with plastic and let sit for several days until completely dry (Drying time will vary depending on weather conditions).*You may want to start this step one day before installation so that you don’t have to work in the hot sun!
7. Protect your finish by applying two coats of sealer (included in most concrete mix packages).
8. To install, use a level to mark the spots where you want to place your console table. Dig holes in the ground using a post hole digger (or have this done for you if you’re renting the equipment). Place the console table in the holes and fill with soil, tamping it down as you go.
9. Add plants, flowers, or other décor to finish off your look!
Now that you know how to make your very own outdoor concrete console table, you can add a pop of color and personality to any outdoor space! Not only is this project affordable and easy to do, but it will also last for many years with proper care. So get creative and have fun with it – the possibilities are endless!
Benefits of an outdoor concrete console table
There are many benefits to having an outdoor concrete console table. They are durable and can withstand the harsh weather elements, making them perfect for outdoor use. They are also stylish and can add a touch of elegance to any space. Additionally, they are affordable and easy to maintain, making them a great option for those on a budget.
If you’re looking for a stylish and affordable way to improve your backyard or patio, consider investing in an outdoor concrete console table. You won’t regret it!
FAQs about making an outdoor concrete console table
How much does it cost to make a concrete console table?
Concrete Console Tables vary wildly depending on size and detail work being done. Like all Concrete pieces that we build, we ask that our clients provide us with some basic dimensions of what they want their end result to be (height and width) and we will quote them accordingly.
What kind of paint do you use?
We have finished our Concrete Console Tables with a variety of paints. We typically use either a coating used specifically for concrete or, for customers who want a different color, we can use spray paint or any other paint that they choose.
How heavy are they?
On average the Concrete Console Tables will weigh between 50 and 100 pounds. Due to the nature of their functionality, these tables must be light enough to move but strong enough to hold a large amount of weight.
Do you make them in different colors?
For customers that would like something more ‘custom’ we also offer engraving on the tables. This is an upgrade price however and does affect pricing for said table. We can do almost any kind of color you might want, as well as etching different designs into the top of the table.
The outdoor concrete console table is a great addition to your home or office. It’s durable and aesthetically pleasing, as well as affordable for any budget. If you’re looking for a new piece of furniture that will last outdoors year-round, the best way to go would be this!